Theme 11: Say no to animal cruelty
Many animals in this world are abused by cruel people. In the farms and slaughterhouses, animals are exposed to extreme conditions being deprived of their freedom to live a good life. In other cases, animals are still used to carry out so many difficult tasks which are beyond acceptable practices.
GVC would like to carry out the following:
- Fight for stopping animal cruelty by lobbying for appropriate international laws or regulations to set up minimum standards for caring and freedom for animals.
- Fight to establish and impose limits on deploying animals as a means for transportation.
- Fight to establish an international body to oversee issues related to animal cruelties.
- Appropriate laws and regulations in place with regard to animal cruelty.
- A proper platform and united voice for animal cruelty.